AmandaJean of Crazy Mom Quilts has a tutorial/ star quilt along on her blog that I've wanted to do since I first saw it. I recently purchased a set of 10 fat quarters (exclusively Quilters) to use in a quilt for a friend that is getting married and thought this a great opportunity to try out AmandaJean's tutorial. Using this finished top as inspiration I was able to complete the first 7 in the series today.
I have started adding the boarders to these blocks and am hopeful that my fat quarters will hold out to allow me to complete at least 9 of the 13 blocks but it will be close. When I purchased these fabrics it was the last the shop had and I've been unsuccessful in my online searches to find more of it. I think if I throw in some solids it just might do the trick.
It has been a super busy two weeks. Now that the work on our roof and ceilings is complete I have been painting each room. The girl's room came first as I needed to get them moved back in. They got a lovely soft shade of pink (Shermin William's "Romance") after having had white before.
The bathroom came next but was mostly just touch ups from when I painted it last winter. Painting the new ceiling was the main task there. Then I moved on to the living room this last Monday and after priming the sage green that was there originally this is what we have now:
Shermin William's "Blonde"
Wasn't quite sure I liked it at first but now that the photos are back on the walls I am loving it. Now I am on to stripping wallpaper from the dining room/Kitchen and then these rooms will also have their coat of paint. Then the new carpet can go in.
In the middle of all this home makeover I was able to get Ivy's Quilt back from the quilter and the binding put on. She is thrilled with it and loves to snuggle in it.
I am so loving these stitcheries from Willowberry. I am looking forward to seeing the end result at the close of the year. Was able to complete April and May's this week. Now I am working on "The Wonkey Houses".
I had a chance to stop by the quilt shop on Tuesday when running some other errands and came away with some great fabrics. The first is a set of 10 fat quarters that is going into a quilt for a friend's daughter who is getting married next month. Not sure what design I will do but the colors are just her style.
These lovely Christmas prints will go towards my project for the Christmas in July swap hosted by Linda.
I had the privileged of participating in Maree's Redwork Cushion Swap and was pleased to receive an e-mail from Jillian, my swap partner this morning letting me know she had received her parcel. Jillian does not have blog so not having that to view and get a feel for her likes and dislikes I worried a bit about her liking what I made. I was so happy to hear from her and to know how thrilled she was with her cushion. She also included a little bit about herself in her e-mail and it was wonderful to get to know her a bit. I look forward to the opportunity to chat with her again.
Sorry the quality of the photo is not so great. I used Bird Brain Design's Spring garden Redwork #126. I loved the little bee's flying around and the little lady bugs hanging out here and there.
After attending quilt club on Thursday afternoon I was able to get my fingers on some of this gorgeous fabric. Have loved it from the first moment I saw it but did not have the extra funds at the time. Was so excited to find it still available at my local quilt shop. This is what I plan to do with my find just as soon as I get the background fabric.