Saturday, March 20, 2010

Burp Towels

A few burp towels to go withthe other items I've made for an upcoming baby shower I am hosting for a friend.

Sunday, March 14, 2010


This little outfit is turning out so sweet. Just have to sew on the buttons and make the diaper cover and it will be ready to post to my cousin who is expecting girl #2 here in a couple weeks. I am noticing that I am growing a bit particle to this shade of green since doing up Ivy Girl's Easter dress last month. Just something about it.

And another little gift (crayola portfolio) for the big sister who is still little herself:

Once I fill it with crayolas, stickers and paper that is.

And since I spoke of Easter dresses I will share those as well. All is done on them with the exception of putting the bow and flower on Ivy Girl's. The boys will have coordinating ties and new suits as they have both outgrown their old ones.

Friday, March 12, 2010


The same friend that asked me to do these ties for her sister's wedding also asked if I could make a couple of pillows from some ticking she had. She provided me with a photo of what she was wanting and this is what I came up with. One down one to go.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Been A While...

but I've been keepin' busy all the same...

This afghan was started 2-years ago. I worked on it for a couple of weeks and then something came up that needed my time and so I put it up on a shelf where it stayed until last month. I am so pleased to have it complete (this last Saturday night) and it looks good sitting on the back of the couch.

The Happy Hallow quilt is now ready for the spider webs in each of the four corners, that will have to wait until April however as I have several other things requiring my attention at the moment.

During my time away from blogging I also filled an order for a lady at church, who was in need of five ties for her sister's wedding. 1 Infant, 1 toddler, an 8-year old and 2 high schoolers. I had a good chuckle the day after the wedding when I happened to be blog surfing and saw the same fabric used to rehupolster a of couple chairs on a blog.

A cousin of mine is expecting her second little girl at the end of the month and so I spent today putting some things together to send. For the big sister, I have a a balloon ball finished and a crayola portfolio almost complete...would have had it done but the ribbon I thought I had for the handles is no where to be found.
For the new sweet baby...a recieving blanket in fabrics selected by the proud grandma (my Aunt) and in the works, a darling little summer outfit that will be posted in a few days.                
While on the topic of babies, a young lady at church is expecting her first and I am hosting a shower for her at the end of the month. She has a shy baby however and with two different ultrasounds we still don't know if it is a boy or girl. She likes alphabet fabrics and I found this fun fabric I thought could go for either gender. Today I put together this portable high chair, I saw the idea on a blog and cannot recall where. The lady gave the overall dimensions for it and a picture of the layout and I was able to figure it out from there. I don't know how she did her's but I put interfacing on each piece of fabric and then added batting. I think it turned out pretty well but is a bit small for an almost four-year-old who was all to happy to model it for me :-)


Also put together this diaper/wipes clutch...more fun things to come