It's done! Hurray, it's done. I started this twin size ripple coverlet for Ivy Girl's bed on New Years day and I am so happy to have it complete and on her bed. Ivy Girl loves it and insisted on posing with it as I took photos to share. The colors are the same that I used in Sarah's granny square coverlet that is shown a couple posts down. I still have a bit of yarn remaining and thought I'd make some decorative pillows to go with both using inspiration that I have found here and there across the internet. I will be sure to share those as they happen.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
I have had the pattern and fabric for this quilt for about eighteen months. The pattern is from a summer mystery quilt along by Helen back in 2009. I fell in love with the Prairie Paisley line when it came out a couple years ago and just had to have some. And then when I saw Helen's finished quilt from the mystery quilt along I just knew what I wanted to make with the fabric. I cut out the fabrics last Friday and then sewed a little each day this week. Yesterday I ended up with no kiddos home for about 2 hours and sat down to put all the sections together and now I have a beautiful top. I am not quite sure that the stripe I selected was the right one for this project however as it fades away into the background.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday I was making a hat (for Valentine's Day) for one of the patients I take care of at work, who loves to wear hats, when Sarah asked if she could have one too. So Sarah and Ivy Girl both received a valentine hat when they awoke this morning. The heart on their hats comes from a tutorial I found on Skip To My Lou.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Thursday I finally did up the scripture cover to go with the tote that I made Sat. I am not a ruffles and fluff kind of person but I have to admit it is kind of cute. The woman from church who asked me to put it together was very pleased with it and I hope her niece, who will be receiving it for her baptism today will love it too.