Sunday, August 30, 2009

Not so Ordinary

I received a baby shower invite in the mail last Sat. for a shower that took place yesterday. I love baby showers and making gifts for them. In my search for ideas for the shower I came across this and had fun turning two ordinary onseis into these, the hit of the shower. I have also used Jody's tutorial several times for turning ordinary cloth diapers into cute burp towels. Using the left over fabric from this little overall I made this set of three burp towels. Also in the works this last week was canning pear sauce...YUM and putting in tile in the entryway in preparation for new carpet that is being put in tomorrow. The tiling was a new experience for me and although very nervous at first I am feeling a bit more confident with the process. The entryway was just a small job but it has left me feeling like I could tackle the family room without too much trouble. On a sad note for the week, two soldiers from my husband's unit were killed this week in Iraq. One was a very dear friend of my husband and it was so hard to receive a call from him last night. Hard to hear your loved one sobbing on the phone and being unable to offer the confort you know he needs. Our thoughts and prayers are with both families.

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh gosh -- that last paragraph brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry for your hubby.

That baby set is just adorable -- lucky, lucky new mom!