Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Scrappy US Map



I saw something similar on the internet, Pinterest I believe, several months ago and could not wait to make one. The kindergarten teacher at the kiddos school was so kind to let me use her projector so that I could enlarge this project to fit a 24 X 36 canvas. The project as a whole was easy and fun but rather labor intensive. The New England states were the most time consuming with their small intricate sizes and shapes. Overall though, it turned out just as I had hoped and looks fantastic in the girls' bedroom. It goes well with their bedding and pennant banner.





I did these last month but am just now getting around to blogging about them. An acquaintance at church that I have done quite a bit of sewing for asked me to make three of these for her sister's 4th of July wedding. Now these were very labor intensive but oh so pretty. 


No comments: