Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Little Tweet for You

I had a bit of funthis weekend at the sewing machine and after the spell away it felt wonderful. First up was the sewing of some super fun bird ornaments that I found in Joelle Hoverson's book, Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. I used the beautiful fabric I recieved from Christine in the Christmas in July ornament swap we participated in an it was perfect for this project. Thanks again for the fabric Christine! I was able to get a total of six birds from the 2 fat quarters and the kiddos had a grand time helping to stuff the "Birds". Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson has a fabulous pattern for sale called "Paper or Plastic" which I purchased several months ago. I finally gave the "Plastic" bag a try today and am very impressed. Think it will also have to go on the must do for the holiday/birthday gift list. Wonder if I can get the 6-cent per bag rebate on my bill at the grocer as I do with the green bags...will have to give it a try. At any rate I will certainly be making more of these.

1 comment:

manga said...

just happened to read your blog and was tickled to see you sew and so beautifully. just wanted to let you know some appreciates your talent thanks manga