I was taken by surprise on Thursday when an hour after the mail had been delivered the post man returned. In his hand was a large yellow envelope and this is what I found inside:
My beautiful apron from the Amy Bulter apron swap hosted by Holly. Sarah did a fabulous job and the colors are wonderful. I was fixing dinner that evening when my husband walked in the door and I had to chuckle as I saw the smile that came to his face when he saw me in it. He was especially taken with the ruffles.
Thanks again Sarah, I love it!
Here is a little peak at one of several projects currently in the works. Natalie has shared this darling pattern with all and I took advantage of her generosity to make one up myself. The stitchery is now complete but I am off to bed. Am looking forward to completing the rest of it tomorrow and then continuing on with the other two that I plan on making. Sorry the photo is such poor quality.
Whew! What a sense of accomplishment. I am finally caught up on the blocks for "Kaleidoscope of Kolor", well until the next set comes out on Saturday that is. This one was by far the most time consuming of those we have done to date and I am glad to have the set of four completed.
Well, I managed to finish up two UFO's this week but the list of those yet awaiting their turn is still dreadfully long. I signed up last week to participate in Kris and May Brit's challenge hoping that would spur me on to getting things done and it has. That and a lot of freed up time.
The first thing I managed to complete were these two skirts for my girls. A friend from church had given me the fabric back in October following her daughter's wedding (they used the fabric for table cloths)saying to use them for something for the girls. I had planned on making the skirts but it just turned into one of those projects that always gets pushed to the back burner when something else crops up. I found the tutorial for this skirt somewhere on blog land about a year ago or so but the idea can also be found in this book as well. They were really quick to put together and the girls love them. I am now thinking about embroidering/appliqueing butterflies on their tops to go with the butterflies in the fabric.
My second project of the week has been on the back burner since Feb 2008 and I am so excited to have the top completed and I am loving how it turned out. It all started with this quilt that I put together with BOM blocks. At the start of the BOM I had in mind to purchase fat quaters of the fabrics used each month to make the outer border which was completed last Feb 08.
That left me with nine of these strips and the wheels began to turn.
I had seen many quilts done in this style and decided that is what I would do with the leftover strips and so I purchased the brown for the background. Then the project promptly went to the back burner and stayed there until now.
And it was worth the wait.
I've started out the new year with a new obsession. A kind woman from church gave me a bag full of yarn about a month ago and I was thrilled with all the possible projects that came to mind. Then I discovered 5 skeins of sock yarn. My mother taught me to kint at about age 11 or so but I have always preferred crocheting. Then I made my husband these wristlets for Christmas and I started to like knitting. After making another pair of wristlets for a neice I decided I was ready to try my hand at making socks. Boy am I hooked! I made these for Sarah using a random skein of yarn from "the bag" as a practice run and I love them, as does Sarah, the new proud owner.
The boys and Ivy are now clammoring for a pair of their own and so I think it is time to bring out the sock yarn and give it a try.
From the remaining yarn from Sarah's socks I had a go at a scarf pattern a friend shared and made this for Ivy.
When I went to take a photo of her modeling it I found her like this
and so Sarah became my model. Isn't she CUTE!