Thursday, March 14, 2013

Butterflies

I started on this project shortly after the new year and am nearing it's completion. I have been completing about three blocks each week and have five to go but could not resist getting a start on assembling the blocks already completed. I had not done needle turn applique prior to starting this and I have really enjoyed learning how. 

I am using 12 different fabrics in this quilt with 9 different butterfly designs for a total of 20 14" blocks. The final quilt will be a full size. The pattern is called pulelehua by Beyond the Reef. I picked it up at a local quilt shop but could not find it just now on the Beyond the Reef website so I am assuming they no longer carry it. If I can keep to the routine I have been on I should have this beauty ready to head to the quilter by the 1st of April.

No comments: