Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happiness is...

well, aside from finally be done sewing all the pillows, blankets and curtains for an acquaintance, is this fun quilt I am working on for Ivy Girl's kindergarten class for the school auction that is coming up in May. I love doing these quilts and seeing the personality of each child in their self portraits. The first grade teacher has also asked me to do one for her class and I will post about that one at a later time.
For this particular quilt I am using a design from the Moda Bakeshop called Salt Water Taffy with some minor adjustments in measurements to accommodation our 6 1/2" portrait blocks. Here is what we have to date: 
I, of course, am a bit partial to this one as it is Ivy's







































1 comment:

marina said...

what a fabulous idea, it looks gorgeous.