Sunday, May 4, 2008

Payton's Dress

Whew! 3 hours of sewing and a dress is complete for Mac's neice, Payton. She turns 8 on the 12th and will be baptized on the 31st of the month. I made each of her two sisters their dresses when they were baptized and so wanted to do the same for her as well. I had asked her a while ago what style of dress she wanted and her reply was "something simple". So I took in mind the style of dresses I often she her wearing and found Butterick's #4435. I was pleased when I found this fabric at Jo-Ann's and thought it would be perfect for the dress. However, I was in for disappointment when I got home and found that in the sunlight what I thought was white fabric is actually more of a creamy white. But dispite the color mix-up the dress went was a breeze and I am really starting to get a handle on doing a rolled hem. It is something I have been practicing and I am getting alot more confident with it now. This particular pattern is a fun one, I have done it once before in style A for a girl at church. Here is a look at the completed dress. There was a bit of a breeze going so the hem of the dress kept getting blown so the view of the base of the dress is not as good but you get the idea.

No comments: