Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Broken Bricks

I absolutely love this quilt pattern. It goes together fairly quickly and always turns out well. I completed the top of this one this morning and it will be going to my sweet baby girl, Ivy, who will turn 2 next month (where does the time go!) It is such a great size to grow with and have as a drag around blankie. These two were my first two that I did 6-years ago for my boys, Caleb and Isaiah, and at ages 9 and 7 they are still toting them around. There is many a night when I find them snuggled in them in bed and just as many occassions when they decide that they work perfect for capes. In all I have made a total of 6 and plan to keep on throughout the years to come. I am afraid however for those who many be interested in the pattern that I do not recall what book it came from. A friend, who has since moved on in life, and lost contact with, is who I recieved a copy of this pattern. I do know however that it came from one of the many fat quarter books that are out there. Any how, it is a load of fun to put together and I can't wait to get it quilted and watch my Ivy girl toting her's around, just like her brothers. Although I really should get her sister Sarah's quilted first as I've had the top of it completed for 4-years now and the poor girl will feel left out.

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Kymberly, the quilts are just lovely and I can see why you love the pattern....

Kim said...

Cute quilts an cute kids. You are so talented. How are things going haven't heard from you for a while.