Wednesday, July 23, 2008

$5 Quilt Club Blocks Finally Complete

One of our local quilt shops has been doing a $5 Quilt Club for the last 7-years. I have participated in most of those seven years, however on the years that my two daughters were born I fell a bit behind in actually completing the blocks. So this week I pulled out the blocks from August 2004-July 2005, when daughter number one was born, and finally put the last 5 blocks together. Now I need to pull out those from Aug. 2005-July 2006 and get those completed. Since I had started a pile up of unfinished blocks I opted not to participate this last year, but a ready to get back to it with this new year of the $5 Quilt Club. Here is a look at those from 2004-2005. The last 5 are the ones I completed today. Now it is on to deciding how I want to put them together into a quilt top and what colors to use. I think that I am leaning towards a green though for sashing.

No comments: