Saturday, July 5, 2008

Slow and Steady

Well progress on the Double X quilt in black and white has been slow but steady. Life has been a bit crazy here of late and will continue as such through the week coming up. So I have not has as much time to dedicate to this project as I would like. I have enjoyed watching it come together though and each of the double X blocks are fun. Of the 90 squares there will not be a repeat of anyone fabric combination. As I have completed each it has been fun to see them come together and say, "Oh I really like that one, or, that one is not quite my favorite". I just have 13 more of the blocks to construct but I could not resist starting to put them into rows and putting the rows together on Thursday. When starting this project I was not too keen on the idea of the black and white color combo but I am quite taken with it and wonder if I will be able to part with it once it come time to give it to my sister, but of course I will.

No comments: