Thursday, July 17, 2008

Black & White Double X

I can't tell you how excited I am to have completed the top of this quilt today. It has been a time intensive project but with gorgeous results. My husband keeps coming up with silly ways inwhich we could keep this quilt for our own bed instead of giving it to my sister. She will love it when she returns home from sea duty and is able to see it in person. Until that time arrives however, there is still much to do to have it ready for her bed. First, will be taking it to be quilted and then the binding. I like to find a good movie to watch while I hem binding but with this king size one I may be watching 2 or 3 movies to complete that task. Think I will save that until fall when the weather starts to cool off. For now, I will sew up the coordinating pillow shams, decrotive pillows and valance. And any other fun projects I can find to distract me.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Usually I'm crazy for lots of color, but the black & white is really striking. I think I may have to add this to my list of patterns to try "someday..."