Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Julie's Signature Star

Today found the completion of a project that has been waiting to be done for 2 1/2 years now. I am not at all good with words so please bear with me in my explaining how this quilt came to be. When a very dear friend of mine announced that she was moving to Alaska I wanted to do something special for her to let her know she would be missed. The idea of a signature quilt came to mind and I put together the top and then took it around to her friends here in town. A few days before she and her family moved I presented her with the top and gave a promise that I would get it quilted and mail it to her. I am disappointed to say that it has taken 2 1/2 years and some very sad news from her to come through on my promise. In January she experienced the lost of her sweet baby boy, born too soon. I wanted so much to be with her and let her know she was in my thoughts and prays. I hope that when she recieves this quilt in a few days that she will know that not only I, but all of her friends here are thinking of her and send their love. We miss you Julie.

No comments: