Monday, February 23, 2009

Fabric Fun

Saturday was quilt club for the "Kaleidoscope of Kolor" quilt and I took the opportunity while I was there to purchase some fabrics that were on sale. From the moment I saw these fabrics from April Cornell I had to have them for the spring swap I signed up to participate in. I thought the colors and pattern spoke nothing but "spring". Aren't they lovely. The shop was also having a sale on fat quarters and I just had to get these five from the Oh, Cherry, Oh line. I fell in love with this line the moment I saw it and knew I wanted to do this quilt from Oh, Fransson. When I saw this quilt I instantly thought, "what a great picnic quilt!" The children and I join a group of ladies from church at the park each Weds. during the summer for "Picnic in the Park" so this quilt would definitely get used. Unfortunately the shop only had these five from the line so I will have to look else where to get the rest. Following quilt club and shopping I headed over to Jo-Ann's and purchased these fabrics for Sarah and Ivy's Easter dresses. I already purchased the ties from The Children's Place in the same colors for the boys so that all four kiddos will coordinate. I am leaning towards using Simplicity's 4647 (dress C with Bodice A)for the girl's dresses but have not totally decided. I did not get much sewing done this weekend as we were getting ready for DH to head out for some training before he heads off ooverseas. But I did manage to get started on making my blocks for the Siggy Swap after DH left yesterday. Just have to add the centers to the sixty blocks and I can get them in the mail.

No comments: