Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summertime Mini Quilt

Finally got the top of the quilt done for the Summertime Mini Quilt Swap. Hope to have it quilted on Tuesday and ready for the post on Wednesday. The colors are not a very summery color but the name of the fabric to me was perfect for summer, Dandelion Girl by Joanna Figueroa. This particular line is a couple of years pass but I had a bunch on hand and decided to use some for this swap. I have yet to find a group of fabric by Joanna Figueroa that I do not like. I also find the pinwheel design to have a summery feel to it as well and so I choose that design for the quilt.

4 comments:

Terry said...

It's beautiful! It looks very summery to me! :0)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Kymberly ...that is just so lovely.....I did send an email last week to thank you so very much for the pattern, you were very naughty but oh so thoughtful...

Julia said...

Your 'Pinwheel' pattern is much better than the one I attempted a few months ago, because you have a better contrast with the fabrics, which I think is the key. Although I hate to do it, I think I'm going to re-work mine because I love the fabrics so much (Harvest Home) - maybe while I'm off work for the next 2 weeks (hurray!!) :0)

karenshopes said...

Just popped in to say hello and admire your work, well done.
Pop over and see me if you have time.
Karen